Re: [MV] M1010 Fuel Tank/ HAZ MAT potential

From: Bob Ternes (racecadet@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 14:20:37 PDT

http://www.planetbantz.com/imghost/bob/100804junkyard/

I dragged the deuce up to a yard north of here
that had some 6 hole budd r22.5 wheels and tires
(no more split rims! yeah!), and took some
pictures of the 2 5-ton chassis they have up
there. One's a crane truck with a partially
dismantled LDS block and the other one is cut off
behind the cab, with a rather good looking LDS
motor. There's also a random pic of some old
school toploaders, probably an old mac, on the
back of a truck that had a water tank on it. I
never got another look at it.

Both are TIRED, but still pretty cool to see in a
"normal" junkyard. :)

Oh yeah, I know. My deuce's dataplate has been
"repurposed" to show my year, not weight. ;)

Finally, I grabbed some brake parts from a Hino
that should be the ticket for my AOH braking
system needs. Dual air packs, new pedal and
assemply, and a modicum of hardlines to start
running new air lines. I'm fired up!

Cheers
Bob Ternes
68 -a2, undergoing speed conversions