Re: [MV] M41 Tank

From: Henrik Teller (henrik_teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 12:53:23 PDT

On 21 Oct 2004 at 14:47, Larry Tighe wrote:

> What is the reason the mil veh books (one written by a member on the
> list) have virtually no mention of the M41 light tank?
>
> I'm told by an old sarge these tanks could run 60 mph with the
> governor disconnected. I've never heard any mention of these tanks on
> the list or elsewhere. Any good reasons??

Hi !

I donīt know the reason for not mentioning the M41 on this list or in
books.

The Danish Army used the M41 from 1962 to 1997.

The vehicles were up-graded in 1985 to 1987 to a local specification.

More can be read at http://www.armyvehicles.dk/m41.htm

IIRC the M41 were also used by Norway.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day :-)