Re: [MV] M35A2 FS

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 01:14:16 PST

A few years back I attended and purchased vehicles from DRMO - also I know
some mechanics in Guard units, this is what I have been told, I cannot vouch
for truth:

Local units are told which vehicles are surplus, they can also ask that
certain vehicles be surpluses.

It is not at all unusual for a vehicle that they are forced to turn in as
surplus to have any new/good components removed and replaced with components
from trucks they are retaining that might not be in such good condition.

I have personal experience in this, I purchased a 5 ton truck at a DRMO
auction, that had new cab, transmission, front end, tires, and other new
components on it. I researching this vehicle I discover that the unit that
had this truck had been using it as donor vehicle to keep other vehicles
operational. Then the entire fleet of vehicles in this unit had to be
turned in because unit's mission was changed. It was my understanding that
this vehicle had to be restored to operational condition before it could be
turned in, hence it had lots of new parts put on it.

Everette