Re: [MV] Highway tolls

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 14:13:01 PST

RE tolls and paying:

most/all states have stiff fines for failing to pay the tolls at the booths.
In NH it is $150+......

Having said that, I went to an airshow with my CCKW and had to pay
a toll. While at the show, I bought a signed book by Paul Tibbets. I had
just enough $ to pay for it, but had brought my coffee, snacks and had
the credit card for gas. As I approached the toll booth, I realised that I
didn't have enough $ to pay the toll for a 3 axle truck! As I pulled up to
the toll taker, dressed in WW2 garb, I asked; "we all set?" and she
answered "yes" so I drove off. BTW, my plates are mounted to the axle
housings.

Now the rest of the story: My mother in laws husband use to make training
films in WW2 for pilots including B-29 pilots. I suggested that she and my
wife
come to the show Sunday with the 42 GPW which they did. She got to talk
to Tibbets and enjoyed herself along with my wife. On the way home, having
more $$, I pulled up to the toll booth in the CCKW, again dressed in WW2
garb and handed out 3 one dollar bills to the toll taker.
IT WAS THE SAME WOMAN!!!!!!

She said nothing and neither did I......

Steve AKA Dr Deuce