Re: [MV] Vendor's take advantage on Ebay

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 09:15:19 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sonny Heath" <sonny@defuniak.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 5:48 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Vendor's take advantage on Ebay

> In about two weeks or so he sent me one of the threat mails
> about pay or get bad feedback so I wrote again explaining and sent him
> another copy of my emails and he came back saying that he got a thousand
> emails a day and couldn't answer them all and still didn't answer my
> questions about prices so I forgot about it and he gave me bad feedback.

When I came across much the same problem with the guy, I figured it was
because he had the settings on his email spamtrap set too high, and it was
somehow excluding all my emails. So I tried from something like four
different systems with four different addresses (and corresponding IPs), and
still got nowhere. All I wanted to do was provide my shipping information
and pay! He eventually responded - six weeks later - with the single
sentence "they're not for the HMMWV after all."

I don't know Foxholejoe from the man-in-the-moon, but as an Ebay purchaser
I'm:

a) not willing to court negative feedback simply because people don't read
my emails
b) not willing to wait six weeks to get any response to my emails
c) not willing to wait for people to "get around to shipping it" once
they've received my instant payment
d) not willing to continually second-guess vendor item and condition
descriptions

He seems to have a few really bad Ebay feedback entries mentioning some or
all of the above - but he had a lot of halfway decent ones too from what I
recall. Go figure.