Re: [MV] Vendor's take advantage on Ebay

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 11:03:48 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "m35products" <m35prod@optonline.net>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Vendor's take advantage on Ebay

> However, this list is not the place for character assassination. If you
have
> a perceived or actual civil or criminal complaint against another person,
> please first settle it in a court within the proper venue and
jurisdiction.
> Then, by all means, tell us about the outcome, so that we may all hear the
> official story.

There's a marked difference between character assassination and relating
one's own experiences with regard to vendors, as one's experiences are
seldom unique, and others adding their voice with similar stories serves as
a great map for other collectors new to the hobby who might want to find
their way through the vendor minefield without losing a limb or two. It's
word-of-mouth, and has been an accepted, tried, tested, honoured and true
leveller in the marketplace since the first batch of dates swapped owners in
the pre-biblical marketplace. It's possible to do all that without getting
personal though. Just the facts, ma'am, will do.

I've seen people recommend vendors here too, so it cuts both ways.