Re: [MV] EBay bidders working together?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 19:34:19 PST

Hi John,

>I could easily see a couple of bidders making a quiet deal like that. Suppose
>there were only two really serious bidders for some particular item

And how could this be known? It can't be.

>It'd only work if there is a steady supply of stembolts though, and obviously
>fails if a newbie shows up.

That is the "thrill" of eBay... nothing can be taken for granted. I've
bid on things that I was sure others would be all over... but I wound up
winning for $1. Then there are other items that I thought I had all to
myself and next thing I know I've been outbid by two others and the
ending price is several times what the going rate is. I especially like
the latter when I'm the seller :-)

Steve