Re: [MV] Syncros

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 18:18:22 PST

Syncros or not, I think it depends a LOT more on HOW
its shifted than on what's in the transmission.

I have 385,000 on the standard transmission of my '83
Chevy truck and I didn't use the clutch except when
starting out, didn't use it to stop, just "adjusted"
the load on the transmission with the gas pedal and
slipped it out. That includes shifting into LOW, too.

At that mileage does it really matter how it was
shifted?? I got more use out of it than it was ever
expected to give!

Joe