Re: [MV] MVs On Train Pics

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 17:19:42 PST

>I trust that the WE ,refers to the Allies ?

Absolutely. In the case of direct military impact on the collective
victory in Europe, I'd rank the Soviet Union tops, US second, Britain
next, Commonwealth (as a collective group) after, France, Poland, and
other smaller nations following up after in terms of overall contribution
level to the victory. However, without US industrial production, food,
and material backing up the Allies I don't think victory could have been
achieved. Or at least not as "quickly" or "painlessly" as it happened.

But the big thanks go to Herr Hitler for biting off way more than he
could chew while the same time being deluded enough to think he had
already swallowed. One should also thank the Italians for being mucking
things up so badly (no slight on Italians, just statement of military fact).

Steve