Re: [MV] Improvised armor for MV in Iraq-IED class

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 18:22:38 PST

Well they have command detonated and trip.  Trip being obvious, wire/string/something across the path that pulls/trips the detonator.

Command detonated is another story, and we can jam that, but it also blows it up. this can be done by a few different ways that we have seen out here.  remote door chimes, cell phones, cordless phones, anything that is "cordless" basically works to detonate the device.  Hell the stupid ones even use wires to a clicker (we get most of them!)  But the remote style is harder, it can be triggered as far away as the device works, and need not have eyes on either.  Caller to caller to caller who has the "clicker".

But thats how they work.

Cliff Smith SSgt USMC Iraq
From: "Bjorn Brandstedt" <super_deuce@hotmail.com> To: "Military Vehicles Mailing List" <mil-veh@mil-veh.org> Subject: Re: [MV] Improvised armor for MV in Iraq Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:19:43 -0500 How are IED's triggered? By remote control? Perhaps the signal can be jammed. Bjorn