Re: [MV] Improvised armor for MV in Iraq

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 16:36:03 PST

Cliff,

Seems you are inclined to turn this into a personal thing. If you want
to continue that, fine, but it should be done off list. I'll reply once
more on list and let you choose what to do next.

>Steve, do you live in a one roomed shack up in the hills?

Insults won't win arguments, Cliff. It's why I haven't insulted you,
though I could because insulting is the easiest thing in the world to do.
 If you can't stick to a rational discussion, don't waste your time replying.

>   ...."....In 4
>more years" I will have been in the Marines 21 years.  I know whats going
>on.

Ah, then you must have known that you would find no WMD in Iraq before we
went in and found this out the hard way.

History is the final judge, as they say. I'm sure a little less than 40
years ago there was a Marine just like you saying the same thing about
what was going on in Vietnam.

>I work right next to the Generals that run this place.

 "Being there" doesn't necessarily equate to "being right". That applies
to Generals to. Mark Clark come to anybody's mind?

>Your thinking is so twisted and convoluted that you get lost in your own
>thoughts.

Thanks for the further insults, but I think my points are perfectly
clear, level headed, and quite fair. If you care to point out where my
logic gets all "twisted and convoluted", have at it.

I will say, however, that your earlier "rant" was so difficult to follow
I chose not to respond because I wasn't sure what your point was or who
it was addressed to. That's the problem with "rants..

>I never said "to kill them" I said we need to get to the bottom of the
>barrel!

My point is the same, whether they are killed or locked up. So let me
rephrase. Any military policy that uses a "body count" (killed, wounded,
locked up, etc.) mentality to gauge its effectiveness is bound to fail.
Especially when that enemy outnumbers us on their own home turf. The war
will not be won if attrition is the main focus.

> All this after they use no
>genevea convention rules to kill us........................go figure.

Because that is part of the geneva convention. It is what separates a
professional army representing a great democracy from the thugs and
murderers terrorist states use.

Steve