Re: [MV] The future: In armour/camo

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 10:25:50 PST

I'm glad to see the US Army is now adopting the new measurement standard for
the US, the "strand of hair".
Since America's failure to adopt the metric system some 25 or so years ago,
there has been a push (mainly by journalists) to come up with a simple
system of measurement that is easy for everyone to understand and relate to.
Hence, the hair unit. According to the NIST (National Institute of
Standards and Technology), the keeper of the standards, 205.338809 hairs = 1
inch. For you former metric types that translates to 8084.20508 hairs to
the meter.
No need to thank me for this bit of free education. Class dismissed.

Ken