CUCV Problems

From: Tom Kelly (tjk2356@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 10:48:48 PST

Thanks for the responses so far, however, I don't think it's the
crankshaft or the timing chain at this point. I just got done pulling
the valve cover loose on the left side enough so I could see the
lifters. I had my wife turn over the engine wile I watched the valves,
all appears to be fine. HOWEVER, what I did notice was the lack of
diesel being sprayed over everything from the loose injector fuel lines!

 I had her hold the throttle to the floor and crank it several
revolutions a second time, all I got was a couple drops out of one line.
I'm guessing this is not a proper response, and my injector pump is bad.

There was no metalic noise when she turned it over, but there are these
little rubber hoses on the injector that were brittle, and broke off
while loosening the valve cover. I'm ASSuming these are fuel return
lines (kinda like on a multi-fuel engine). As the engine cranked the
second time for several revolutions I got some fuel out of a couple of
these, would that indicate I had a hydrostatically locked engine
(flooded)?

 My lack of fuel sounds like possibly the injector pump, or could it be
that $10.00 valve Stu mentioned a week or so back? What should I be
looking at next to narrow this search down? Sorry for all the questions
I just moved and all my manuals are in storage, nothing like good
planning...DOH!!

Thanks - Tom