Re: [MV] Cattle cars

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 21:20:11 PST

Back in the olden days -1958- as a recruit at Ft. Chaffee, Ark. we walked
every where we went - unless short trips which we ran - even walked the 100
miles - or so it seemed - to the rifle range. I did not know the Army had
wheeled vehicles back then. Then and there was where I learned that it was
raining you always ran because a running figure does not get as wet as a
walking figure. After 30 minutes or so of running then you were stopped and
told to put your poncho on, which involved stopping. removing and
"grounding" the pistol belt while you unfolded and put poncho on. It takes
real skill to put pistol belt on while wearing poncho.

Everette