Re: [MV] Generators

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 09:58:20 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Anderson" <glanderson@alltel.net>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 4:19 AM
Subject: [MV] Generators

> Guys
>
> I just picked up some generators from a scrap guy.Diesel and gas.Looking
for
> parts like control units for the 10kw gas,plastic fuel tanks for the 3kw
> single cylinder diesels,control units,starters,injectors and injector
pumps
> for the 5kw 2 cylinder and the 10kw 4 cylinder diesels.Any help would be
> appreciated.Greg

I saw almost a field full of diesel generators which looked like they were
otherwise low hours machines but which had all had the injector pump robbed
from them. It seems the part is either no longer available even to the
military, so generators in stock were robbed of the part to fill the shelves
in support of units already deployed. These were the 4 cyl units from what
I remember, and the timeframe would've been about a year ago.