Re: [MV] Rough starting Mulifuel question

From: Jim Breneman (jimbre_7@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 09:29:46 PST

Bjorn,
 Your friend might want to check all his lines to make
sure they dont have any cracks or abbrasions in them.
Mostly this would only apply to the soft lines. He
also might want to check his connections to the
inectors, injector pump, in-tank pump, and even the
fuel pick-up. The hole or crack might not even be big
enough for fuel to come out, but it is enough to let
air in the system, and let the fuel be sifoned back
into the tank.
One way to check to see if he does in fact have air in
the system would be to open the air bleed on top on
the secondary or final filters, then turn on the
in-tank pump; if no fuel comes out right away, then
you have a leak.
To find the leak. One method is to evacuate the fuel
line between the in-tank pump, and injector pump. Then
pressureize the line with about 8-10psi. Then go along
the line with a spray bottle and see where the air
escapes.
HE also might want to repeat this method with the
return line as well.

I hope this makes sense and is helpful.

-Jim B.