Re: [MV] Fixing cracks in manifolds

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 10:33:49 PST

Good idea Julian...to drill a small hole at the ends of a crack...goes
for probably any metal being repaired. I forgot to mention in my other
post that I've tried to braze an exhaust manifold crack (in my younger
years) and, as you know, cast iron is porous...and it's full of gasses
from combustion and makes the weld full of pin holes. Kinda makes you
look at that fellow that says he can weld the crack of dawn as a hero,
huh? Fred Martin