Re: [MV] Fixing cracks in manifolds

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 11:03:49 PST

I'm surprised that there isn't, or at least I've yet to see it, some type of
epoxy that could withstand the heat of the exhaust. We've all heard of JB Weld
and the like but I have some stuff I use as general epoxy that is pretty
tough. It's road marker adhesive. It's a 2 part epoxy used for affixing the metal
reflectors in the road. I know up north they grind a little relief in the road
so that the reflectors are still there after winter plowing. Here they just
glue em right on the road surface. You sure know when you're hitting them!
Pretty tough stuff though!
Kenny