Re: [MV] Noise levels in M series veh

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 12:07:06 PST

Not to mention it's noisier in an M1A1 than a Huey....wow.

I'd expect the A3 is quieter, the whistler is plenty loud, and the quiet
model is still plenty damned loud. I think I measured 117 dB on my
non-whistler M35A2...managed to quiet it down to 111 dB though. This is a
softtop, btw. A friends original spec whistler truck is noticeably louder.

Since the CUCV is basically a civvy truck, it's going to have more thermal
and noise insulation than a dedicated tactical vehicle design. Same with the
M880. If you can't talk in a CUCV at speed, I'd be curious to find out
where the noise is originating from. I'd also be curious to see what the
manufacturers noise ratings would be....civilian customers won't put up with
really high noise levels in a light vehicle like that. Sales would suffer.

Greg