Re: [MV] Noise levels in M series veh

From: Stuart Robinson (stalwart@mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 16:17:00 PST

My current noise monster is my M656 with the LDS-465-2. You get that
old girl running down the road at 2500 rpm (55-60 mph with larger than
std. tires) and it emits a mighty noise. I guess that is to be
expected when the engine sits immediately between the driver and
passenger. The 465-2 is especially noisy as the turbo spools up to a
shriek at any rpm above idle. You cant even get the truck to move
without the turbo playing it's tune. I haven't had the nerve to try
the -2's max rpm of 2800 as I don't really want risk hot oily parts
erupting from the doghouse and showering me with nasty bits.

I haven't driven my M42A1 Duster down the road but I can say that my
Scorpion tank is one of my quietest MV's despite the fact you sit
beside the engine and it's a fully tracked vehicle.

S.