[MV] tracked vehciles on city streets

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 22:08:46 PST

Hello Chance,

> I've had the M75 at work in a few turns which I wouldn't like to have
> performed on some nice, hot, summer tarmac in someone's pristine
> parking-lot. Despite the relatively low ground pressure I'm fairly
> sure the
> friction itself on a harsh turn would soon start making a mess of the
> asphalt, as I've even seen 5-ton P&D vans do it with tires even

Few tracked vehicles have ground pressure even close to a Weasel, and
I've marked up asphalt (driveway) pavement during prolonged hot/sunny
spells. My Bombardier Muskeg really took bites out of it, but its
ground pressure is significantly worse and no rubber pads at all.

> On a long-hardened city street though? Hm. Dunno.

My experience is that there is a difference. Same vehicles, same days,
public way... no marks that I can recall.

> I didn't mark up the
> street any when I tried a few things off the property - though the
> fate of
> about 2 ft of concrete curbside is another story entirely... :)

Hehe... and I am sure nobody would ever suspect your itty bitty buggy
:-)

Steve