Re: [MV] Ebay seller

From: Krogerma@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 11:08:03 PST

Hi, Folks.

I have to agree with Buzz to an extent. I bought some stuff from this guy a while back for the deuce and paid ridiculous shipping. However, I was going to buy another item from him and thought maybe if I inquired about the shipping cost first, he wouldn't gouge me. He quoted me the same sort of high price as before. I decided not to buy the item based on his quote. He is technically being truthful. Unfortunately, a lot of folks (and companies) make their way in the world these days through this sort of "omissive" advertising.

I was foolish enough to buy a large batch (24) of rubber bungee cords for $1.99 on ebay. I figured that I couldn't go wrong at that price. Well, shipping was $15.00 and to make matters worse, they were the worst bungee cords I ever used. Thet were thin and made of substandard rubber that kept breaking. Finally, I threw them all out and went to the Depot and bought a set of decent ones.

Now when I am buying anything from ebay, I think to myself:
"Now how could these people cheat me? Is this a scam?".
Kinda sad that we have to do this, but that semms to be the state of affairs thes days.....

-Kurt Matis
Troy, NY