[MV] The game's afoot, (continued)

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 09:00:55 PST

        From: steve@battlefront.com
        Subject: Re: [MV] The game's afoot, (continued)
        Date: February 2, 2005 11:04:04 AM EST
        To: rickv100@yahoo.com
        Cc: mil-veh@mil-veh.org

I agree... likely a stolen credit card number which would only be
discovered AFTER shipment of materials. Probably why our little friend
in Legos is so curious about WHEN the product will ship.

Last month my company was hit with dozens of credit card orders (over
the web) from a guy in Legos using our website to check out if the
credit card numbers were still good. Then, I am sure, he'd go to town
on the thing! We've since implemented the CSC verification (the three
numbers on the back of the card) and that's stopped him cold. For
those of you who don't know the CSC info is NOT supposed to be stored
anywhere but the credit card issuing company. That way stolen credit
card numbers, except in physical format (i.e. stolen wallet), won't
have the CSC.

Steve