Re: [MV] M151 mystery miss SOLVED!

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 23:52:13 PST

11 P.M., PROBLEM SOLLLLLLLLLLLVED!!!!!

Clue #1 IT WAS ELECTRICAL...

Clue #2 IT WAS ON THE DISTRIBUTOR...

Scroll down to see answer...

ANSWER: A broken 14 gauge hot wire going into the
dist., giving low voltage.

Nearing 11 p.m. I had had it. Totally frustrated at
this point. But for one last time I went back over
everything and realized I never checked this lead. I
just stood there looking at it and thinking...nah, no
way, couldn't be that could it? That would be
embarassingly simple if it was! So I did an impedance
check and yep, there it was!

It may very well have worked this way for a long time
with that breaker point ign., but I upgraded to an
electronic ign. and problem happened shortly
thereafter and also at about the same time my
alternator went out. I replaced the carb. during this
time too, which only added to my confusion of which
direction to look.

It all came right back to the basics!

It was about as simple as it could get and yet elusive
with weird symptoms. I think somebody on this list
warned me that's how it would turn out!

THANK YOU LIST! YOU GUYS WERE GREAT. SURE WAS NICE TO
HAVE YOUR SUPPORT. Jack