Re: [MV] CUCV Glow Plugs

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 11:35:54 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stu Ellis" <stuinnh@mvnut.us>
To: "'chance wolf'" <chance_wolf@shaw.ca>; "'Military Vehicles Mailing
List'" <mil-veh@mil-veh.org>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 11:02 AM
Subject: RE: [MV] CUCV Glow Plugs

> That sure won't aid starting in cold weather. I guess you could use a 24v
> power supply to the solenoid instead of the 12v when manual button used?
> Will that bring it back to the 8 second heat time?

It would. Not applicable on the vehicle I was talking about though because
we've turned it into a straight 12V setup. One day I'll swap the plugs out
into one of the original pattern CUCVs we have and put 11G or 13G plugs back
in the 12V truck. I'd put in AC60G type plugs fleet wide if I had the
choice, but so far I've found no retailer in my neck of the woods (B.C.,
Canada) who stocks them. Changing swelled glow plugs is just not my
favourite thing. I think it's on the list right beneath "shove bamboo
shoots under my fingernails" and "do income taxes."