Re: [MV] CUCV Glow Plugs

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 04:51:11 PST

I came to the same conclusion last fall. Though 20 seconds is a bit long,
nevertheless, my 3 year old set of AC13s seem to take the overage.
Like sparkplugs, these do wear, so it was preventive maintenance...LOL :-))
that was the only reason I change out BUT kept the old set of 13s.

As to my thoughts on using AC15s (HMMWV) plugs on CUCVs without the
resistor pack.....electrically it works, but looking at the quality control of
recent AC13Gs AND being that the AC15Gs came out a little after AND being
a 15 year old design that is now sourced out to who knows where,
I'll use the AC60s with the resistor pack on 24V and for those with
12V applications, no resistor.

When I'm able, I'll try some of the KASCARs and see
what changes are needed for 24V applications. My guess....think they draw
the increased current of the AC60Gs, but no, I don't know.

Stay warm,
Ted.