RE: [MV] CUCV Glow Plugs

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 07:20:43 PST

Hi Caleb
Bad news. 13G plugs are not spec for over 10 seconds max at 12v. After
15-20 seconds they will be toast. Normal design behavior for them. I would
say your claim at NAPA is in the circular file. It was the controller that
was never set to allow them to run into the danger time zone. When the
controller was not correct, poof goes the plugs. That is why they came out
with temp compensated current limited plugs aka AC60G and others. You never
should have put 13G plugs in. They have been obsolete for years. But then
you knew that since it is the moral of your story :) Fun isnt it to work on
these things.

Regards
Glenn