Re: [MV] Mardi Gras in Iraq

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 13:44:08 PST

Might want to go over the page one more time...slowly. You're right, no
pictures of any one DRINKING with a weapon, however...
    There's several pictures with shoulder holsters and beer, along with one
of the Berretta in holster and hands in the cooler. Guess the bartender has
the right to a piece under the circumstances.
    But that don't worry me in the slightest. The 'old guys' in the photos
are not neophytes... you can tell by their eyes. Situation is in control,
just blowing off a little steam. And after the mess hall bombing, I don't
think I'd take a shower unarmed.
    Pictures of this type though could cause the Demorats to get their
knickers in a bunch. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Em.
    These folks deserve any little comforts of home that can be provided.
They and all other veterans are the TRUE citizens of this nation, not the
whiners who have never served a day in uniform. God Bless them!
    Then again, there was the time at Ft. Devens when a Connecticut Guard
unit with a Sgt. who was NEVER seen without a beer in his hand, regardless
of the time of day, blew out early on Friday afternoon at the end of the
second week, after the Ammo TIP was closed for the day. About 2000 I got a
visit (I had the responsibility for 2 barracks on either side of the
barracks of the Conn unit, plus a mess hall and a couple of other bldgs.)
from the Provost Marshall and 5 MPs. They were looking for the Sgt. and his
merry crew and stated they were going to inspect ALL our bldgs. unless we
handed over the 2 TOWs that the Conn. unit had temporarily transferred over
to us for safe keeping for turn in the next morning. This was from a note
found 100 MPH taped on the Ammo Point office door. Only problem was 1) we
were a USAF unit, and 2) We didn't have a clue what they were talking about
and 3) We didn't have em.
    After 2 very interesting hours with the MPs, they received word that the
Conn State Police had found the Sgt and his crew at a bar outside Hartford
with one of the Guardsmen (sober and armed with a .45) in the back of the
M880 with the 2 errant TOWs. Never heard the outcome on those boys, but I'm
sure their weekend was ruined, along with a couple of careers.

    God must love fools and drunks, 'cause He sure made enough of them....

    Ronzo