Re: [MV] Mardi Gras in Iraq

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 08:40:01 PST

True, but look what 'having a silly look on yer face while' showing how well
controlled your charges are, can snow ball into. 'It means
 posing for a picture.' It also means that the photo taker has to think
about the photo before it is posted to the web. And it also means having
your career ended during a 'just us guys' moment.
    I was on staff at an air show a couple of years back and was invited
back to the flight line to 'Club XXXX' (name deleted in consideration of the
folks who mean well). It was a Cargo Aircraft , US Govt. owned, that was on
display and with the addition of a couple of folding tables, a stereo system
and several kegs, turned into a place to grab a beer and some chips and hang
with the other staff members and air crew from the static displays. The
Command 2 star was in attendance with his wife and daughter (a babe), along
a couple of 1 stars and the Base CO and a big handful of Colonels.
    Also in attendance were uniformed cops, FBI and other public safety
troops along with several State Troopers and their bomb dogs, one of which
(the dog, not the trooper) was enthusiastically sucking up the spilled beer
off the deck, and was a touch wobbly. One rather comely lady, in a tube
top, was down on the floor kissing the bomb dog, to everyone's hilarity. I
popped out a digital camera and shot a picture, and as the flash tripped,you
could have heard a pin drop. I showed the nearest trooper that the picture
only showed the dog, the back of the lady kissing poochie and everyone else
from the knees down with no plastic cups of beer visible, and no ones
identity compromised. And then rapidly put the camera away.
    Now a days, with camera phones, digital cameras and mini video cams
everywhere, ya have to thinks way ahead of the curve, not only what the
picture shows, but who will see it and who MIGHT forward it. If it is at all
compromising, DON'T take it. If you do take it and upon review think better
of it, delete it.
    While the folks in the photos are 'in a controlled' environment, the
photos no longer are. Just hope they don't end up as a weblink to <
greatsatan@infidels.com> at the Al Jezerra web site.

    The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
    Ronzo