Re: [MV] Some CUCV, M101 and diesel things from the TB 43-0001-39 series

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 00:04:14 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "MV" <MV@dc9.tzo.com>
To: "chance wolf" <chance_wolf@shaw.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Some CUCV, M101 and diesel things from the TB 43-0001-39
series

> The local Auto Electric starter/alternator rebuilder told me that the
> Nippondenso stuff is superior to the Delco starters - in GM applications
> - FWIW.

The only thing I noticed when I put the Nippondenso starter in a M1008 was
that you had to modify the fore-end bracket bolted to the side of the block
due to the fact the hole for the starter-stud wound up in the wrong place.
No big deal - just an extra bit of wrench-twisting and drill work.

The other bonus concerning the Nippondenso is that it seems perfectly happy
starting off of the one Group 31 CUCV battery provided your glow plug
system's up to snuff and you're not dealing with that fuel pressure-switch
situation.