Re: [MV] Helicopter Sealed Bid at Surplus Property

From: Dick (rertman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 17:47:23 PDT

Joe, Lar, etc:

If I recall correctly, the FAA (F*** All Aviators) also said the UH-1
couldn't be flown as a civ aircraft because of a bearing in the tail
rotor. One could replace the bearing with an FAA approved one.
I don't recall which supplier provided the bearing, but the "civilian"
version was the same as the MIL unit, right down to the part number,
but minus the NSN and not packed per MIL spec packing.

Dick