Re: [MV] Helicopter Sealed Bid at Surplus Property

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 20:32:16 PDT

Durn Lar, give me their number! We never charged even close to that to
bring any helicopter into civilian service!! The closest we ever came was
$425,000.00 for a UH-1N that a Texas oil guy wanted as a mobile bordello!!
We have all leather, one heck of a stereo system, a wet bar and other items
that I can't remember but that really cost! Heck by the time we got all the
extra sound proofing installed the bird could only carry a pilot, the oil
guy and two "Ladies"........Of course the booze was rather heavy..........

Also you do have to be licensed to fly a government helicopter or any other
government aircraft but it's a military or government license and you cannot
fly a civilian aircraft with it.........

Best Regards,

Ed