Re: [MV] Helicopter Sealed Bid at Surplus Property

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 20:26:55 PDT

Hi Dick,

I hate to say it but that is part and only a VERY small part of bringing a
military helicopter to civilian "levels". The tail rotor is moved to the
other side, all drive chains are replaced with drive shafts, many components
are replaced and others have to be taken out and inspected and certified
before returning them to service, etc., etc. It's too long a list to go
completely into here but I promise you that it has been done again and again
buy both the company that I worked for and several others.

We would go to Wilco Aviation in Alabama and pick up the military bird that
was needed and either fly it or trailer it back to Texas for the overhaul.
There were a couple of other places that we used but Wilco was the most and
the best for quality and price.

Best Regards,

Ed