Off Topic Diesel Question

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 15:56:54 PDT

Guys, all my MV stuff is WWII and not a diesel in the bunch. I do have an
early Ford 2000 farm tractor with a 3 cylinder diesel engine that I haven't
tried to crank in at least 5 years. Need it now so trying to start it up. Did
all the obvious stuff check oil, water, drained fuel filter, and bled the fuel
lines to the injector pump, and through the injector pump. (It's got a little
bleed screw on the side, and instructions call to take it out and crank until
no air comes out. - Did this). Now I can't get any fuel out at the top or
bottom of any of the three injector lines. I hate to think that I know the
problem, but I thought I'd ask some of the experts if this means that my injector
pump is kaput? If so, how come it pumps fuel out of the bleeder screw?

Is this something a GPW type guy can repair or is money better spent taking
to a professional?

Thanks in advance, Tom Campbell - Birmingham, AL

MV Content - does anyone have or know where I can find a front roller for a
M3A1 scout car - NOS, Old and rusty, beats the one I've got - which is none.