Re: [MV] Off Topic Diesel Question

From: Dick (rertman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 17:24:25 PDT

Tom:

Sounds like you still have air in the injector lines. It'll take a LOT
of cranking to get fuel all the way the injectors.
Loosen the injector lines at the pump and see if you get fuel while
cranking.

BE CAREFUL!!! The fuel spray pressure can exceed 2,000 psi and
that pressure will push the fuel into your skin. VERY BAD!!!! CAN
BE FATAL!!!!

If you get fuel from the lines at the pump, tighten the lines at the pump
and do the same thing at the injectors.

Again, BE CAREFUL!!! The fuel spray pressure can exceed 2,000
psi and that pressure will push the fuel into your skin. VERY BAD!!!!
CAN BE FATAL!!!!

When you get fuel from the lines at the injectors, tighten the lines and
crank the engine.

If it doesn't start, you may have clogged or damaged injectors. They
can be rebuilt for a reasonable price. A shop will first check them for
cracking pressure and spray pattern. Cracking pressure is the pressure
at which the injector valve opens.

I can't emphasize strongly enough how important it is to have a
shield between you and the fuel spray coming from the pump
output!!!

Before taking the injectors out for inspection/rebuild, add some
diesel fuel conditioner to the fuel and try starting the engine.

Regards,

Dick