Re: [MV] Not a WWII Maintance Trailer

From: Jim Webster (james.webster@iomartdsl.com)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 03:59:38 PDT

Nice informative post Dan on a relatively obscure aspect of trailers!

AFAIK the GS-18106 was the electronics version of the GS-18100 series.
The class seems to vary slightly but mainly it was a 2.5-ton capacity
trailer.

If anyone out there has a knowledge of a complete listing of the GS
numbers I would appreciate knowing as all I have are fragments of the list!

--
TTFN
Jim

Dan Bever wrote: > List, well several days ago I posted a note about a > potential WWII Maintance Trailer that I was going to > go and have a look at this weekend. As it turned out > it was not of WWII vintage (funny how most non MV > people always think anything with OD paint on it comes > from WWII). I am not sure on the ventage but it looked > to me to be late 50's or 60' era. It is in fact a > 20ft. Maintance Trailer. A tag on it read Trailer, > Van, Maintenance and Spares- GS-18106. Some of you may > be able to shed some light on this. Go to my yahoo > photo ablum and click on the photo album that has the > red open cab CCKW on it. > > http://photos.yahoo.com/goin_myway > > Scroll down to the bottom as I have a bunch of photos > of this unit. All in all it does not look to be in > bad shape. I could tell from some faded numbers that > it was at one time property of the U.S. Army at Ft. > Bliss, Tx. It looks like it could be made into one > heck of a nice shop trailer. At this point I am still > mulling it over in terms of the logitics to get this > thing and move it to my place. Anyone have any ideas > as to how much this unit weights. The front and rear > axles are apparently removeable as seperate units. The > had tags on them that noted they were Dolly trailer > GS-56942 made by Western Electic Comp. I may decide to > take a pass on this so let me know if anyone is > interested if I decide to take a pass. If I do not > want I will pass on the name of the guy to contact and > you can deal direct with him. But give me a day or so > to make my final decision. I would really like to get > this and paint it up OD and use but I need to check on > the transportation part before I make a commitment to > buy it. Any info would be great. > Thanks > Dan Bever > MVPA 18507 > > ===Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list=== > To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org> > To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org> > To reach a human, contact <ack@mil-veh.org> > >