Re: [MV] Aberdeen- Convoy-for sale stuff and shopping list

From: Tactical Truck Info (info@tacticaltruck.com)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 05:13:19 PDT

> I had two deuce and a halfs in VietNam with the 427-1
> with turbo on them.
>
> Sonny

Sonny, your memory serves you better than mine, I always
forget about the short lived M35A1. Out of the hundreds of
M44 series trucks I've seen, I can remember two M35A1s.
They had the exhaust out between the rear tandem. It's a
pet peeve of mine that people will spend alot of time
getting their Vietnam impression as acurate as possible
then blow it when they pull up in their turbo stack M35A2.
Anyone ever seen a picture of a deuce and a half w/ a turbo
stack exhaust in Vietnam? I saw one late war picture at the
National Archives of a M35A2 that had the expanded metal
stone shied on the grill. The exhaust was not visible in
the photograph but, with that grill, it could have had a
turbo/stack exhaust. It was being strapped down to a boat
and appeared to be a South Vietnamese truck.
Jeff