Re: [MV] CUCV swollen glow plug removal - rear brakes locked up

From: joeyounginc@aol.com
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 07:06:39 PDT

Jeff,
I'm a little concerned about what tool you used that failed to do the
job?
I ordered a tool from:
http://jjandaracing.com/index.html?target=Glow_Plug_Removal_Tool.html
I've been running my M1008 and M1009 for years without glow plug
problems, but I figure that the day will come, so I ordered the tool in
advance. It's supposed to arrive in a couple of days. If this is the
same tool
you used, maybe I should start pulling plugs now before they get too
swollen? I did a few dumb things like recycling too soon before I knew
better and I anticipate some problems with swollen plugs.
As to your rear brakes, I had a similar experience with a civilian
Blazer. I'd
be riding along and all of a sudden it would start shaking serious. I
had
applied the parking brake and that's what cause the problem. A rusted
cable did not allow the shoes to fully retract when I released the
brake.
It took a mechanic with a lot more knowledge than I have to figure it
out.
Joe Young