RE: HMMWV smokes and loses oil pressure downhill

From: Vincent Bloom (vbloom@DUCTMATE.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 04:48:43 PDT

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I don't remember the smoke
smelling like anti-freeze. I remember it smelling like a smoky diesel,
but I will check it again to be sure. I will also start going through
the fuel system as you've suggested to find the cause. I don't think
the oil's been changed since we got it last year. We haven't had time
to do much with it yet.

I will be there to do some more work on it the weekend of the 21st, I'll
try to give an update after that.

Vince