Re: [MV] Brake help

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 19:12:35 PDT

If the master cylinder is " empty " and you refill it, you should be able
to see the level drop as you pump the pedal with your hand. If the fluid
remains undisturbed while the pedal is cycled up and down, the master
cylinder is probably faulty.
The rubber cups may have become hard over the years and no longer seal
against the bore to provide pressure or the bore may be pitted or scored
and allowing the fluid to by-pass the cups.
Just my $.02 from my experience with my truck.

Frank Cox - 'Nam 1966
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW

On Wed, 11 May 2005 17:20:23 -0400 m35products <m35prod@optonline.net>
writes:
> I just went out to drive the M35 and the brake fluid vampire has
> struck
> again. I put more fluid in, which usually fixes the problem, but
> this time,
> I can't get any pedal.
>
> Do I bleed these brakes the same way as on a civilian truck? One
> wheel at a
> time?
>
> I don't seem to see any movement in the fluid if I take off the
> master
> cylinder cap, and press down on the pedal. Should there be any
> evidence of
> movement?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Arthur P. Bloom