Re: [MV] MV's not allowed to participate in the Veteran's Day events locally

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 12:03:06 PDT

Sounds like she might be kin to THAT woman for the left coast State of
Konfusion or is it Kalifornia!!
I think you might be able to undermine her with some shrewd, covert ops
with the committee members. Pick your allies carefully. "LOOSE LIPS SINK
SHIPS" and "Comrade- even the walls have ears"!!

Frank Cox - 'Nam 1966
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW

On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:34:47 -0500 "Scherrer, Tim"
<scherrert@missouri.edu> writes:
> We here in Columbia, MO have the oddest Veteran's Day committee who
> puts
> on the local airshow and parade. They will not permit reenactors
> or
> people from the MVPA or other Mil vehicle groups participate in the
> parade, but permit classic cars in the events.
>
> The Santa Fe MVPA chapter asked several times to be permitted to
> display
> in the airshow grounds and were consistently told there was no room
> for
> them at the event. During the event there was a ton of open ramp,
> and
> the classic car club had their cars there.....you tell me what the
> disconnect is there because we are clueless other than the
> organizer
> doesn't like us.
>
> They recently got sued by peace groups for their exclusionary
> tactics
> with their events, and I hate to say that I am just about on their
> side
> the way we reenactors and MV owners have been treated by the
> committee.
> I've even had members of the organizing committee approach me at
> events
> wanting my reenacting group at their event because we are a
> "perfect
> fit" for it, only to tell them their committee chief won't allow us
> for
> her own reasons.
>
> What a strange relationship and we are hoping in time someone with
> little more common sense will run this event. As for now, we
> support
> events everywhere but here that weekend.
>
> Tim A. Scherrer
>

> ===Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list==To unsubscribe, send
> e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Frank Cox - 'Nam 1966
MVPA 14530