Re: [MV] Honor and respect for history

From: Royce C Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 06:00:36 PDT

I have been sorting out how I feel, as a Vet, about reenactors wearing
period uniforms.

I feel that as long as the uniforms are worn with respect and proper
conduct, that it is OK to wear a complete uniform, not partial, including
all patches, rank and awards.

However, if a vet wears a period uniform to a function and is not a
reenactor, he should not wear anything that was not awarded him on his DD
214. That way he is not representing anything that he was not or did not
do.

Royce
RA 1963-1966