Re: [MV] MV's not allowed to participate in the Veteran's Day

From: tsgcdo Dragisich (tsgcdo@msn.com)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 22:36:09 PDT

David,

I too have been watching this thread with a lot interest since I happen to
be a veteran and a Reenactor/MV collector. I also have many years of
experience putting on all kinds of MV and Reenactment type events.

I don't Tim, have heard of him but wouldn't know him if I saw him. I do
know that Tim attended a WW2 D-Day Reenactment ( that featured US Navy
Landing Craft, USAF Aircraft, vintage aircraft, WW2 MV's, close to 400
reenactors and we even had areas designated for Post-War MV's, the Army
Reserve and Indiana Army National Guard! ) that we put on at Michigan
City, Indiana a few years ago. The reason that I remember his name is that
he wrote and posted an AAR of our event on various lists. One tends to
remember the names of people that flame you/the event, etc., (as some people
have done with the Tim's WW2 MV Convoy) or write something that makes you
scratch your head (Tim's AAR of the Michigan City event). Tim, in case
you're wondering what I'm referring to, it's the part where you wrote that
we "were
trying to pass off a desert camo M35A2 as a WW2 Deuce" :^)

With regards to the Veteran's Day Parade: the organizers have the right to
invite whomever they want. The comment about " not a "living history
event" nor a "costume ball" shows a total lack of understanding of the
reenactor/MV Collector. When Reenactors/MV Collectors such as myself read
these types of statements, it's just a simple reminder of why a lot of us
don't belong to the MVPA.

The WW2 MV Convoy: According to what I've read & heard about this event it
is about to taking WWII vehicles, loading them with WWII reenactors, and
traveling to a bunch of small towns and visiting them. Sounds simple
enough. Well, it now seems that less than a handful of people are PO'd at
the organizer for not allowing their Post-War MV's into the WW2 THEMED
EVENT! What's up with that? Can't find any other events to take your
vehicles to? How about putting on your own event?

Mike Dragisich