Re: [MV] Aervoe Paint

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 15:48:17 PDT

Mike Maynard wrote:

>Thanks to all on this topic. I spoke with Jeff at Aervoe this morning, and
>expressed 'our' concerns with him. He has given me the information I needed
>on thinning the paint, as well as asked me to share with him everyone's
>complaints. I intend to compile the information and send it off to him.
>What I do need is some specific color #'s and such for the pink/fading
>problems. He talked like it was the first he has heard of the 'pink'
>problem. Jeff is one of 2 product managers at Aervoe, and he wants to fix
>the problems listed. If anyone even has maybe the lot #'s and such that
>they have had trouble with, I will pass them along too.
>
>In the end, this doesn't mean I will buy Aervoe again... ;-) but I figure
>its worth the time to share this with them.....
>
>Mike

I've painted my deuce several times with Aervoe spray cans (lots of
cans). I only sprayed my M105 trailer one time. I used Marine Corps
Green for all the painting, although the date of manufacture were very
different. The truck faded after the first two months in the summer
sun. I painted it again, and the color seemed to turn to a pink-gray
color rather quickly. I tried to touch up spots and the color was way
off. This was only a few weeks after the second painting.

I had a very different experience with my trailer. I painted it one
time, and it has remained very similar to it's original shade of dark
green since I painted it a few years ago. I am very happy with the
trailer, and very unhappy with the results on the truck. When I get the
truck sand blasted and painted, I cannot justify spending the money on
Aervoe, with even the possibility of having to re-do the entire job.

Bruce