Re: [MV] Aervoe Paint, Pics Please?

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 13:55:36 PDT

Yep, that's what I'm saying. We are talking subtle color fading here. Very
noticeable if you use a spray can to touch up a paint job. But put one
freshly painted Aervoe next to one several months old and it jumps out at
you. Put it next to a real CARC painted unit and it's indisputable. Possibly
you could use a real color chip sample sheet from Aervoe in the photo with
the faded paint as a standard to show the fade.
     But Gillespie doesn't do a pinkie fade.
    The human eye is terribly sensitive, where as cameras are not.
    I doubt you could even get a magazine to publish an article on
this...... too many sharks, errrrr lawyers, out there.
    So it goes by word of mouth and snickers at parades and rallies. Direct
sun, outdoor storage of Aervoe painted vehicles, especially in mid, southern
and western US areas, yields a salmon color or graying very quickly.