Re: [MV] Normal Road speeds for 2.5

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 16:02:46 PDT

Oops!

I think I was asleep when I read and replied to the post. Sorry.

I was thinking that you were asking about average "top" speed and replied as
to my trucks top speed.

However, for average speed, on the interstate highways I usually keep it
between 50-55 mph. I have gone faster and the truck does seem to run better
when I do but I prefer to keep the maintenance down as I am on a very
limited truck maintenance budget. Between Baltimore and the camp ground at
Susquehanna State Park where we stayed on the recent Aberdeen trip we had to
check in by 2300 and due to traffic congestion/road work on the way we got
delayed to the point we were concerned that we would not have a place to
stay for the night and I pushed the old truck to the limits. It ran
beautifully. But, I won't make a habit out of doing so because ... well ...
basically .... I am cheap and too lazy to do the work of fixing the broken
engine.

Bill K.