Re: [MV] What are Normal Road speeds for 5 ton

From: Squirt_Truck (squirt_truck@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 16:49:57 PDT

Dan,

M54-A2, Average road speed 50-52 MPH, at maximum safe (recommended
RPM), She will do 55 up against the govenor, but that is 250 RPM over
loaded redline. Biggest problem is keeping it from going to the
governed limit. [I guess that having a green toy like this that easily
makes redline is a blessing all in itself.] She does have to be good
and warm, driveline and engine, and then is ready to be pushed. Once in
this mode, she maintains 50 MPH even on hills. We get average trip
speeds of 45+ including getting to the highway and off again.

Anyone know why the LDS465-1A has a different max RPM for loaded and
unloaded?

Squirt_Truck(er)
--- "Dan Parmley Jr." <artillerydan@cox.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I wanted to get a group consensus of what an average "real world"
> road
> speed is for the following.
>
> M35A2 No Turbo
>
> M35A2 with Turbo