Re: [MV] Combat Action Badge (CAB)

From: Chris Somers (bone184bw@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 08:44:14 PDT

The Medic have a badge already, this badge is more for
the tankers, people in artillery, transportation.
These people are right in the middle of combat like
the Army never thought possible, it's my thought that
it's about time we reconize these people.

--- "Scherrer, Tim" <scherrert@missouri.edu> wrote:

> The people who are really getting beaten up are the
> transporters in
> Iraq....they are fighting through ambushes and IEDs
> in Iraq as much as
> the Infantry is. The combat arms go in with
> overwhelming force, but
> they are less well armed than those in Armored
> vehicles.
>
> Our recent grad who died in a VBIED attack in April
> against his Stryker
> was an Armored officer leading an infantry
> platoon....so his troops were
> all eligible for CIBs, but he wasn't, so this picks
> up the slack.
>
> If you look at Ft Wood they now have training site
> with stationary
> trucks and piles of sandbags to they can teach new
> soldiers how to up
> armor and protect their vehicles. Those sites
> appeared about a year
> ago.
>
> Tim A. Scherrer
> MAJ, MI, USAR
> Assistant Professor of Military Science
> University of Missouri-Columbia
> 573-882-0640, fax 0461

Chris Somers
US Army (Ret.)
Combat Wounded
Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet 300+ Missions 2004-2005
American Legion #420
Proud Owner-1953 M38A1

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html