Re: [MV] Combat Action Badge (CAB)

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 08:48:20 PDT

At 9:59 AM -0500 6/2/05, Scherrer, Tim wrote:
>The people who are really getting beaten up are the transporters in
>Iraq....they are fighting through ambushes and IEDs in Iraq as much as
>the Infantry is. The combat arms go in with overwhelming force, but
>they are less well armed than those in Armored vehicles.
>
>Our recent grad who died in a VBIED attack in April against his Stryker
>was an Armored officer leading an infantry platoon....so his troops were
>all eligible for CIBs, but he wasn't, so this picks up the slack.

Don't confuse the CCB with the CAB. There were a whole bunch of Redlegs, Treadheads and Combat Engineer's kicking doors in Fallujah that deployed as motorized infantry even though they were some other MOS. I cannot see how they'd not qualify for the CIB frankly, (walks like a duck, talks like a duck...) But, my Buddy who was in the 4th ID as a Combat Engineer who got to fight half of his deployment as motorized infantry seems happy with the CCB as an alternative.

Read his blog...he's quite outspoken. But if you know him, it gets to be funny. The guy is really bloody well read too.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sappersgt/

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -