Re: [MV] Combat Action Badge (CAB)

From: Jim Breneman (jimbre_7@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 09:41:42 PDT

I'm sorry I dont think I really got my point across in
my e-mail last night. I was pretty out of it.
I believe that EVERYONE in a combat zone deserves
recognition. It was always my understanding that that
is why the Army has anyone in an area where hostile
fire pay or imminent danger pay is authorized is
eligible to wear a combat patch on their right sleeve.
Indicating they have been in a combat zone.
I think some people might be mistaking the CAB with
the Close Combat Badge (CCB) which was proposed but
was never approved and replaced by the CAB. The CCB
was only award-able to combat arms and combat support
MOSs. It is my understanding that the CAB is eligible
to everyone who is in the theatre of operations.

The "door-kickers" arent the ones that I would have a
problem being awarded this badge. It's the finance
corps and food service soldiers who will, undoubtedly,
apply for this award that bothers me.

http://www.army.mil/symbols/combatbadges/index.html
Gives an explenation of all the combat badges awarded
by the US Army.